Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
SeaMe is an innovation for preventing fishing gear to become lost and to prevent ghost fishing. Lost fishing equipment – ghost nets or ghost gear – can continue to fish for for long periods of time.
SeaMe is easy to attach to existing equipment and provides exact target finding making it possible to recover most gear types independent of weight or size.
– automatically activates if the gear is not retrieved within time
– functional in a large range of depths
– highly visible on surface marking the location of the lost gear
– allows recovering of almost any gear independent of weight or size
– low or no buoyancy allows usage on various types of fishing gear and equipment
– low visibility in water to avoid affecting the fishing equipment and catch efficiency
– easy to attach to existing gear or equipment
– suits a broad range of fishing gear and equipment with a potential of becoming lost